Whether you’re in construction, finance, engineering, architecture or law, keyword analysis should play a central role in your marketing plan.
Do you know what your clients want? Are their search queries in alignment with your target keywords? When your marketing plan reinforces your keyword strategy, you can be sure you’re giving your clients the information they want, and expect to receive, when visiting your site.
Watch this video for tips on keeping your keywords fresh and accurate so your brand stays at the top of Google search, from Ingenuity Marketing Digital Communications Consultant Shannon Bohnen.
If you prefer to read this content, the video transcript is below.
When I work on website keyword research for clients, I need to understand who they are trying to attract to their site. For example, a construction firm may only want commercial projects, so I would not include a keyword like “home building” that may attract visitors who want their dream home built.
Choosing keywords is a science and an art. At the end of the day, you need the right keywords to boost your ranking on search engines like Google. Here is my advice with keywords to get the right visitors to your site:
- Limit the keywords you want to rank for. Maybe 5-7 keywords in any major service category is a good place to start.
- Use your keywords in your website content.
- Review your keyword performance quarterly.
- Which keywords are getting visitors to your website?
- Are they the right visitors?
- Research keywords annually to add to your list or to replace ineffective keywords.
If you need help with your keyword search and analysis, give us a call here at Ingenuity. We build digital lead strategies specifically for professional services and associations.
Or you can sign up for our digital audit analysis right on this page. Just say yes to success!