To keep you from feeling burned out and producing stale ideas, we’ve put together this list of stress-free marketing tips. Follow these if you want to make the most of your time at the office and push out all-star ideas year round.
1. Develop Relationships Around the Firm. Have you spent time (or chocolates) on your admin team lately? While they might not be the decision-makers, they can be the decision-breakers. Make sure you regularly cultivate these allies so they’re on your side when you need them the most.
2. Set Your Place at the Table. Feeling like you don’t have a seat at the table? Remember that power is taken, not given. It is time to demonstrate your value in some visible new ways. Can you present a competitive analysis to the partners? Can you organize a really great speaker for the firm retreat? Is the marketing plan you presented this year just a brush-up of last year’s or did you pack in some new ideas? Demonstrate your value and then claim your seat.
3. Be Present. During the busiest times, marketing people can make the mistake of not appearing to be part of the core team by taking a vacation or not working extra hours. Be sure to stay present when you can. For example, one marketing director we know popped in with treats every Saturday morning during busy season and made the rounds, checking a few tasks off her list while she was there.
4. Stay Engaged. Schedule your social media and blog posts ahead of time. By using a tool such as Hootsuite, you can set up social media posts for the week or month in one fell swoop. This gives you added efficiency with the time spent managing your social media and blog posts, providing you with more time to focus on other marketing efforts.
5. Identify Marketing Opportunities. Busy season is a great time to identify marketing opportunities for the future. It might be a good time for you to interview some of your best clients and be ready to report to the partners when they have more time.
6. Identify Cross-selling Opportunities. As a marketing insider, you are in the perfect spot to identify potential cross-selling opportunities. When you’re in the process of interviewing clients for marketing materials, identify any additional services the client may need and make sure they’re addressed. The more services a client uses, the higher the retention rate.
7. Hire Ingenuity Marketing. We will work with you to identify marketing opportunities, execute these tips and much more. We promise to make you look good and add to your store of knowledge and resources. Talk to us today or call us when you return from the conference and are ready for stress-free marketing.