CPA Firm Marketing
Leadership and Marketing Transitions
Being flexible to the people and evolving needs of a firm is critical when acting in an outsourced or fractional role. It is especially true when the relationship spans many years. This CPA firm marketing relationship is a perfect example.
In the beginning of our relationship with Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP, we helped this CPA and advisory firm establish a culture of marketing by introducing blog content, developing sell sheets, creating ads and tradeshow materials and updating their website. By implementing these fundamentals while on retainer, we had the flexibility to prioritize different needs within a set number of monthly hours.
Over time, the firm was ready to hire their own internal marketing professional. We worked with her for several years on strategic initiatives such as their proposal process, CFO roundtable events, whitepapers, industry surveys, public relations and a variety of digital content.
When the internal marketing director transitioned to a consulting firm some years later, she and the director of operations recommended that the firm continue working with Ingenuity as their outsourced marketing department. The firm has not hired another internal marketing professional. The management team are comfortable with the continuity and convenience of outsourcing to Ingenuity.
“I work so closely with them, every day, I need to remind myself that Ingenuity is not actually a part of LvHJ – that’s how closely I work with them,” said Tara Gleaton, Director of Operations for Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP in San Francisco.
- Attending and advising on firm pipeline meetings – we facilitate discussions on growth areas, new lead development and follow-up while supporting a consistent process of accountability
- Managing social media channels – we oversee a monthly social calendar and monitor analytics for ways to optimize their followers and impressions
- Producing a variety of ghostwritten content – from website content to blog posts to newsletters and eblasts, Ingenuity works with subject matter experts and leadership to maintain consistent communication with staff and clients
- Increasing visibility for the firm and technical experts – through press releases and pitches to trade media, we help busy professionals enhance their reputation with announcements and submitted articles
- Improving online visibility and lead generation – regular SEO reporting and recommendations as well as website development consulting help to sustain the firm’s ability to attract new web visitors
- Facilitating the proposal process – by creating a branded proposal template and updating the proposal process, we help the firm differentiate its brand against competing firms and improve their win rates
“Since Ingenuity took over our proposal projects, it’s made a huge difference. The proposals were taking up so much of my time. Now, Ingenuity keeps everyone on track, sets up the project timelines, creates the designs and handles the bulk of the work. It’s been amazing,” Tara said.
Through proactive efforts and trust, outsourced teams can offer a broader consulting component. Consider staffing and recruitment challenges. Ingenuity has worked closely with LvHJ to improve its branding and messaging for recruitment. We recommended revamping the firm’s careers pages, job descriptions and employee review requests to help the firm create a great first impression with candidates. This approach has helped the firm attract new associates and managers.
OUR CLIENT SAYS
“Ingenuity is a great strategic partner. The team is very creative and provides us with ideas to improve our firm and our position. They believe in spearheading the success of the client.”
– Tara Gleaton, SPHR, Director of Operations
Lindquist von Husen & Joyce LLP, affordable housing and nonprofit CPAs and advisors